[Yr7-10it] courses

James GIBNEY jgy at sthelena.vic.edu.au
Wed Oct 22 12:44:33 EST 2008

Hi all,

we are looking at dragging our Junior IT classes into the 21st century and to incorporate some Web 2.0 functionality and new hardware.

Some examples of programs we would like to implement more effectively are:

Flash, Moodle, Dreamweaver, Scratch, VB net, Jing, Audacity

Examples of hardware are:

bluetooth enabled devices, headphones & microphones, webcams, digital cameras & video

We want to jazz up our ICT curriculum and make it more relevant and engaging for our students and to implement in the classroom some of the things that our students use computers for at home. Rather than reinvent the wheel it would be great if anyone out there who has implemented any of the above software and hardware can let us know how it went and what they have learnt on the way. If you have other resources that have been used successfully we'd like to hear from you as well.

At the moment we pretty much teach only MS Office, email & some internet skills  in years 7 & 8 and know that there is a world of rich resources and ideas out there but find it hard to know where to start.

Looking forward to hearing from you

James Gibney
St Helena Secondary College