[Yr7-10it] E-waste and Computer Bank

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue May 27 15:47:11 EST 2008

G'day all,

About 1.6 million old computers are being dumped in landfills every year
and the figure is set to climb. Here are some interesting figures that
are worth sharing about.

http://newsletters.fairfax.com.au/cgi-bin16/DM/y/hBaPs0T1Lak0Jhb0QkVO0Ep

Instead of scrapping monitors, junking computer shells or filling the
dumpster with eWaste, our college paid for a batch of this equipment to
be sent to the Victorian ComputerBank office. At least we can be
confident that this gear will be recycled or reused and not end up as
toxic landfill for former students to manage. :-)
      http://www.computerbank.org.au/contact