[Yr7-10it] RE: flash game

Tony Forster forster at ozonline.com.au
Sun Mar 2 19:52:07 EST 2008

cool
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Peter Ruwoldt
  Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 4:58 PM
  Subject: Re: [Yr7-10it] RE: flash game

  Now that's uber nerdy.
  Nice.
  :-)

  On 02/03/2008, Costello, Rob R <Costello.Rob.R at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:
    Seeing as I'm doing Cartesian graphs in year 8 maths, and programming at
    year 9,  I have decompiled lineRider and added a routine that draws a
    dynamic graph into the bottom left hand corner

    writes the equation of the current segment of line and plots it on a
    small set of axes  - updates as he travels (or falls into space)

    will upload once I finish an assignment and get a bit of space

    (I changed the cartoony rider to a photo of Britney, but too cheesy to
    upload that version)

    rob

    > Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:10:37 +1100
    > From: "Tony Forster" <forster at ozonline.com.au>
    > Subject: Re: [Yr7-10it] flash game

    >       <yr7-10it at edulists.com.au>

    > "Tell me, dear all, do your students play lineRider? "
    >
    > Linerider is very popular with the kids. Should make a good
    environment
    > for
    > experiments on the conservation of energy, momentum and angular
    momentum
    > though I am not sure how realistic the physics model is.
    >
    > Thanks Peter for Planet Racer. It looks a bit like elastomania
    > www.elastomania.com Again these games could make good discussions for
    > physics but Linerider looks like the best experimental environment.
    >
    > Tony
    >

    > ------------------------------

  Free and Open education for all

  Peter Ruwoldt
  Grant High School
  Hosking Avenue
  MOUNT GAMBIER  SA  5290

  P. 08 87263128
  F. 08 87250173

  ruwoldtp at granths.sa.edu.au
  http://www.vitta.org.au - VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association Inc

This mail has been virus scanned by Australia On Line
see http://www.australiaonline.net.au/mailscanning