[Yr7-10it] VITTA PD 2008 - PHP & MySQL - Registrations now open

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Jan 25 10:54:32 EST 2008

Hi Geoff and Kent (and everyone),

With the release of the PD calendar (in this draft form) – it is very metro centric.  These are the sessions that we will organise and run (and most of these will be will attended).  A large problem with the regional PD’s is making them break even – and we have not been able to do this in previous years.  However, this is something that we are very aware of – and rest assured we will be putting some things in place to make these PD’s available to the regions in a variety of forms – teleconf, podcasting etc. – as well as offering some face to face PD.

The only reason that the regional PD’s are not listed in our calendar at the moment is that we have not had time to sit down and work out what we will be doing in this regard – and this will happen in the next couple of weeks.

I can understand that you may be sceptical – and we may not be very successful – however, we will try a few different things this year and see if we can do a better job of serving our regional members!

Your suggestions and / or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Adrian Janson

VITTA President

Director of ICT,