[Yr7-10it] second life for education & other 3D worlds

Tony Forster forster at ozonline.com.au
Mon Feb 11 12:26:35 EST 2008

Rachelle
These may be of interest: 3D worlds in education but not Secondlife, its
using  Croquet software which I think is based on Squeak. (which aligns it
with Etoys, Scratch etc) It seems to have links to Carnegie Mellon
University though a commercial venture. Edusim is free open source. The post
is from the serious games list:

"Any other Serious gamers out there experimenting with 3D Virtual
Environments on Interactive Surfaces in the Classroom? The classroom
interactive whiteboard's (Smartboards, Mimio, Ebeam, Wiimote
Whiteboard) seem idea for these these types of simulations &
multi-user 3D environments.

Here are a few demo videos of the Edusim work we are doing at Greenbush.
Students:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVFsxev-2sk

Teacher building a lesson:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LN5JRl8_sU

First prorotype with 6th grade students.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKxxzu00zx8

http://edusim3d.com   "