[Yr7-10it] re : Visual Basic and Excel Macros

Costello, Rob R Costello.Rob.R at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sat Feb 2 12:55:57 EST 2008

Hi Kent

Jenna seemed to be asking for tutes on Excel macros (VBA - Visual Basic
for Applications)  and there doesn't seem to be many easy starters on
that (lots of books and courses though)

(She might well need both macros (VBA) and stand alone VB6)

To clarify : if you record an Excel macro (VBA) you get a lot of custom
language and properties which VB6 doesn't understand

anything you can do in Excel can be controlled through VBA

ie VBA is a VB variant - lots of extra properties and methods that
correspond to how Excel works (commands for formatting cells, running
Excels sort or search routines etc

so yes VB6 tutes are definitely related - many of the concepts are
transferable - but VBA has a whole stack of extra commands for the
application

I was meaning there aren't many good introductory Excel VBA tutes

Cheers

Rob

> I beg to differ with Rob, I found quite a few easy to use/learn Tutes
on
> VB6.
> Just make sure you use the right choice of words in the google search.
> Kent.
>
> Kent Beveridge,
> I.T. co-ordinator
> St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
> Horsham
> email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
>
> |<3|\|7  b3\/3r1D93 ?  ;-)
>
> Wishes and Eggs, one you make and one you break!  A bit like
promises.....
> "This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not
> disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the
intended
> recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us
> immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not
> guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files
are
> provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all
> responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly
or
> indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the
> negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this
email
> are not necessarily those of the School."

automatically