[Yr7-10it] 'Alice' and similar programs for sub VCE classes for 09

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Tue Dec 2 08:58:33 EST 2008

Considering expansion of programming languages on offer to junior classes here for next year...
Already have Scratch, VB6 and HTML in the curriculum..
Does anyone have some samples of materials used for Alice or similar programs I could implement next year and perhaps a planner with how/when they implemented them?
I havent yet downloaded Alice to try it but you guys rant about it so..it must be good!
What about Python for the junior levels..(Roland, your cue here!)..online materials available? Sample programs, etc??

Yep, I'm on the curriculum expansion trip again for my courses for '09. Just trying to keep it interesting and up to date(for both me and the kids!).

KB.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
 http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/ <http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/>
Horsham Ph (03) 5382 3545
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Hear about the bloke who struggled and fell?  At least he gave it a go!!
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."