[Yr7-10it] Help!!2

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:18:49 EST 2008

I have to agree, go with OpenOffice and the open software suggested and you
can hardly go wrong. There is a state government OpenCD full of this
software floating about but go one better and download and use the latest
version (download the ISO and burn a free copy).

We had good fun building our own operating system from scratch with a
parents info evening. There is a great way to introduce what they can do and
what can be done without breaking any licence agreements or spending heaps
of money. We used Ubuntu and Xubuntu for the older computers. It was fun and
it works. The best part is the person to person networking that happens
afterwards.

Kind of like what happens in the N2N group that is meeting very soon (former
PCEDUG)

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au