[Yr7-10it] web 1 = windows 98 ?

Costello, Rob R Costello.Rob.R at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Apr 25 11:33:02 EST 2008

Software versions are a clever way to make you feel that your current
set up is out of date

Word 6 must be hopeless, given word 7,8,9 are out etc

Microsoft took it to a new levels by naming the product after the date
(office 98, 2000, 2003, 2007) etc - in built obsolesce - who wants to be
5 years out of date

So maybe there is implicit marketing spin, in "web 2.0 "?

 I don't think people will jump onto web 3 and web 4 with the same
enthusiasm - tends to run out after a while

Related thoughts on the train with a couple of IT types I ran into

http://thinkingcurriculum.decenturl.com/web2bubble

Rob