[Yr7-10it] Re : .. Programming for all levels

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:52:33 EST 2007

Thanks Kent, now I dont feel so bad about having cut my teeth with punched
cards on a PDP11 with Fortran and Pascal and on a cassette tape with Apple
Basic and some machine code on my Apple ][e at home.

I have a year 9 typing teacher to thank for teaching me how to touch-type
(two periods a week for 6 months). As the only boy in the class, I was
relegated to ye olde manual typewriter at the front of the room. Now I can
talk and look around whilst I am typing in a classroom and not glance at the
screen or keyboard. Very handy. :-)

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au