[Yr7-10it] scratch programming

Costello, Rob R Costello.Rob.R at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Sep 13 16:15:24 EST 2007

What are the BOS requirements for programming?

I'm in a 7-10 school so haven't had a look at the new study designs

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:47:40 +1000
From: "Kent Beveridge" <kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au>
Subject: RE: [Yr7-10it] Scratch comment
	<yr7-10it at edulists.com.au>

Not sure as to the suitability of Scratch for a VCE subject due to the
requirements of the programming and type definitions etc. Yes its easy
to use and learn, no arguments there, but, its also easy to get 'bored'
with for the more challenged minds - I have found. Gamemaker seems to be
keeping attention pretty well and the 'serious' programming students are
getting into VB6 as it challenges them and satisfies the BOS
requirements.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College