[Yr7-10it] block it all

Costello, Rob R Costello.Rob.R at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Mar 1 15:32:04 EST 2007

Reading about more filtering -

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/youtube-ban-for-victorian-schools
/2007/03/01/1172338754827.html

Personally, I think every student should be satisfied with 24/7 access
to the official VELS site, and maybe the curriculum planning guidelines

What more could they ask for?

Google, blogs, email, flickr, and all such web 2 apps should be banned
by decree

They might be used to communicate - and the risk of communicating is too
high

I look forward to a world in which every interesting and interactive web
site is finally blocked, and we all have handheld devices, on which we
can access an approved list of 3 sites

Paper and pen might also need banning, as there are reliable reports of
these media being used for obscene drawing and note passing in class

Rob

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received=
 in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using=
 attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, dam=
age or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, r=
esulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liabi=
lity is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations=
 or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessari=
ly those of the Department of Education.