[Yr7-10it] textiles software

Costello, Rob R Costello.Rob.R at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Jul 30 12:06:08 EST 2007

I have a colleague who teaches textiles and has a single licence for a
program called Fashion Design Toolbox

I had a quick look and it looks like a drawing program with some fashion
specific features - textures, prints, etc

Its around $400 a licence or $3000 a site licence - approx figures -
quite  expensive  - we're not going to able to purchase a site licene

We already have Adobe Fireworks on the network so I'm thinking it might
be a more viable alternative - we could export out some graphics /
textures of the other program

My question is, what do other people use in Textiles, for designing etc?

I know Corel had a package called Garment Fragments - but we don't use
Corel

Cheers

Rob

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education.