[Yr7-10it] What to teach for year 8 IT?

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 20:51:02 EST 2007

Why expand to trying out Squeak or GameMaker .. but instead of letting any
one application tool drive their interest or the course, why not get them to
brainstorm a project idea, design a model, build a prototype, try it out
with their friends, document then respond to the feedback. Keep it fun and
flexible, you can even draw material and inspiration from another study area
or another interest. I have a lot of fun teaching environmental studies as a
context with my year 9 class.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au