[Yr7-10it] Access help

WEIR Andrew WEIR at thomascarr.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 26 11:53:32 EST 2007

dear all

I am looking for the simplest way of creating a total for an access
database
I have a field in my DB called item cost
what I would like is that at the end of a report/query it will add
together all of the item cost values to give me one final total cost
value

i.e.

item 1 cost 20
item 2 cost 30

total is 50

I believe it has to do with queries and reports but have not yet found a
solution

Andrew

Andrew Weir

VK3HFT

Information Technology Coordinator
Intranet Manager
Thomas Carr College

35 Thomas Carr Drive

Tarneit

3024

Phone 97484 466

Fax 9748 4388

Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. You
must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not
the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify Thomas Carr College on 03 9748 4466 immediately and delete
the e-mail and all copies. Thomas Carr College does not guarantee that
this e-mail is virus or error free. The attached files are provided and
may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility
for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly
from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of
the sender or not. Any views expressed in this e-mail are the views of
the individual sending the message, and do not necessarily reflect the
views held by Thomas Carr College.