[Yr7-10it] Year 9 and Year 10 IT

Kumaran, Arivu A kumaran.arivu.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Aug 2 00:38:41 EST 2007

Hi All,

I have been asked to write a blurb on a semester length of Year 9 and Year 10 IT courses for students' handbooks (for next year).

I am thinking of Flash (or other animation software), Logo and Photoshop for Year 9 IT and GameMaker (integrated project involving Audacity, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), Access and DreamWeaver/FrontPage for year 10 IT that would fit into the ICT for Creating dimension.   I am also thinking of incorporating other topics such as blogging and Wikispaces in both Year 9 and Year 10 IT courses, that would fit into the ICT for Communication dimension.

Could anyone please suggest any other ideas for this?  Can the topic 'PC Hardware / Assembling a PC' be fitted into any of these courses (because few of the students expressed interest in learning to assemble a PC)?

Thanks and Regards,

Arivu Kumaran,
'Connect' and IT teacher
Carrum Downs Secondary College.

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education.