[Yr7-10it] Year 9 IT

Rob Attrill attrill.robert.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Apr 30 09:54:57 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have also used Bowden's 'Practice IT'. An added advantage is that he
has follow-up material in his GCT series (Guided Computer Tutorials) on
many of the same applications that allow you to segue into a more
indepth approach. My better students loved the Flash module in Practice
IT so much that they happily slipped into his GCT Flash tutorials. I
also use his GCT Dreamweaver and Access database tutorials with my Year
11 students.

Another good follow-up series is the New Zealand based Natcoll group
(they also operate out of Sth Australia, I think) who have excellent
material on Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Actionscript and other
topics. I run a Year 10 programming class that relies on Summers for VB
and a mix of Bowden and Natcoll for Flash and Actionscript.

regards

Rob Attrill
Mill Park Secondary College