[Yr7-10it] Retired computers available in bulk

Michael Walker wk at cgsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Apr 23 11:26:34 EST 2007

>>> Roland Gesthuizen<rgesthuizen at gmail.com> 04/22/07 11:33pm >>>
>www.*greenpc*.com.au  .. or pop a GreenPC brochure into buyers hands.

Meh, we just dump ours in a large dumpmaster at the nearby Camberwell Waste Transfer centre in Riversdale Rd...8^)

And before you write to flame me for it :

http://www.boroondara.vic.gov.au/environment/waste/collect/recycling/computers

When it first started, there were statements made that it was a trial that might be rolled out to other councils, but I haven't heard anything about it after that although the original program still runs. Still, if you have a lot of stuff to get rid of it could be worthwhile making a special trip if you can't donate it somewhere useful and don't have the time to set up the internet on old machines. Or if the stuff has ceased to function and is uneconomical to repair.

Michael Walker
Canterbury Girls' Sec Coll.