[Yr7-10it] Autocad?

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 11:46:05 EST 2007

A good 2D CAD program is QCad. I have a suspiction that it could be first
used and taught before moving onto the 3D Pro Desktop software. Seems very
intuitive and  easy to use for first time users with some good training
resources, and like all good FLOSS, runs on just about any operating system
including Ubuntu Linux, Mac and Windoze. Free to take home, share or modify
etc.
http://www.qcad.org/qcad.html

It is great that there are some good and free CAD solutions out there. We
bought a huge Roland digital milling machine for the technology area and
with money left over from not buying a commercial software package. A
student is  planning to use it to make perspex name plates. They drooled
when it was discovered that the same model was used to make Darth Vader's
helmet in Star Wars.

Anybody else interested in exploring QCad?

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au