[Yr7-10it] Video Streaming

Dr Paul Chandler paul.chandler at YVG.vic.edu.au
Thu Jun 22 18:35:42 EST 2006

Listers,

Has anyone played with video streaming, using something like VLC (http://www.videolan.org/)?

I've been playing around with video capture (progressively copying a whole lot of home movies from VHSC tape to DVD).  Bought a medion USB grabber on special from Aldi - works very well.

My mind started to then think about streaming (basically seeing if I could connect the USB device to any other application which may vaguely be useful) ... it could ... I discovered VLC in the process ...

Now I'm wondering if I can actually do something useful/interesting/education with it!

Ideas?!

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and then delete this message.

Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Yarra Valley Grammar.

YVG Mail security - Checked