[Yr7-10it] RE: [Oz-teachers] Powerpoint

Anne Baird baird.anne.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Jul 4 14:01:40 EST 2006

Thanks to all the people who contributed with the Powerpoint and the IWB
ideas. I do have Activestudio software on my computer and have used that in
a demo lesson. But the challenge for me was to create something that was
accessible and easy for teachers in the school who didn't have access to or
who are yet use the Active studio software.

I settled on PPT with shapes over the image being revealed through custom
animation and found a very simple way to duplicate it for each slide. We did
it this morning with the Grade 2/3's and it worked a treat.

We are mounting the new Promethean board lower than usual as it's a room for
P-4 students .It's a very valid point because a couple of the boards already
in the school are high and I do have difficulty reaching the top.

BTW we must live in different worlds Russell. I have no problem having my
home phone number on my email signature and my students and teachers know
it. Perhaps it's because I live in a small community.

Cheers

Anne Baird
Leading Schools Manager
Wedderburn College
Hospital St
Wedderburn 3518
School 03 54943011 Mobile 0417 340276 Home 03 54911540
My Blog http://wedderburn-college.blogspot.com/
My Photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/anne_loves_pink/
My weblinks  http://del.icio.us/annieb3525

  _____