[Yr7-10it] Kahootz in Secondary Schools

Robert Ruzbacky ruzbackyr at aloysius.vic.edu.au
Wed Jul 20 17:37:50 EST 2005

Yes I have had a play with it as well.

It seems well suited to what primary schools are doing, but I haven't seen
any great examples for secondary schools as yet. It would be good to get
some feedback as to how it is being used in secondary schools. It would be
also great if there are some useful Kahootz expressions out there to learn
topics such as Maths. I could see great use of utilising ready made
expressions and getting students to meaningfully manipulate objects (eg:
finding the surface area of certain objects and being able to rotate the
object as well - then getting students to calculate and then input the
answer -> not sure if this is possible with Kahootz). This will fall
nicely within a time constraint of a lesson without having to use it for a
whole topic and getting students to create content. In a course, it is
hard to find time to cover the information as well as giving time to
students to utilise the software, but hopefully VELS will help in that
area.

Regards,

Robert Ruzbacky
St Aloysius College

> I set myself the challenge of trying to doing something with Kahootz on my
> laptop in 40 min on a cold and late train-ride home from the city with no
> training, no instructions and minimal ideas about where to start etc. Twas
> easy enough to figure out and this was the product (Kahootz needed to
> view).
> Have since explored it further with some year 9's. Has anybody else had a
> play in the sand pit?
>

> It probably has some scope to replace the 'PowerPointless' activities that
> some colleagues inflict on students in other learning disciplines. They
> can
> expect students to already have had some exposure to Kahootz as they
> bubble
> up from the primary.
>
> Regards Roland
>
> --
> Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Westall Secondary College
> http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au

received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening
or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any
loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the
sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any
attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected
attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of St. Aloysius College.

St. Aloysius College
31 Curran Street, North Melbourne, Australia
P.O. Box 2072, Hotham Hill,
North Melbourne, Vic. 3051
Telephone: 03 9329 0411
Facsimile: 03 9328 2801
http://www.aloysius.vic.edu.au

*    This email has been virus scanned by    *
*              LINUX CLAMAV                  *
*           http://www.clamav.net/           *