[Yr7-10it] Year 10 Multimedia

Rachelle McLean rachelle.mclean at rmit.edu.au
Mon Dec 5 12:41:48 EST 2005

Hey Sylvia,

There are some fabulous books out there on the history of animation.  I
strongly recommend doing some stop motion, either with clay or photos or
artwork.  Look into monkey jam
http://www.giantscreamingrobotmonkeys.com/monkeyjam/ for your stop
motion software.  It's free and really good. Web cams are useful for
this but you can use digital cameras.  To record the sound track I
recommend Audacity b/c it's free too http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,

Rachelle McLean
lab.3000 - innovation in digital design
www.lab.3000.com.au
(03) 9654 6970

>>> pastosy at mowbray.vic.edu.au 5/12/2005 12:19 pm >>>
Hi there

I was wondering if someone can help. I am doing multimedia to year 10
next
year and wanted to teach kids about the history of animation.  Does
anyone
have any good sites resources re this. Also if anyone has any good
ideas about
what to teach in the course it will be great, as I want to get my
numbers up.
I have put in flash and director to date and was thinking about clay
mation.
ANy thoughts will be great. Thanks to everyone on this list
--
Sylvia Pastore
Information Technology Department

This email and any files transmitted with it are privileged and
confidential, and are intended only for the use of the intended
recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for
delivering this email to the intended recipient, any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this email and any attachments is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please
delete it immediately from your computer.