[Yr7-10it] portable interactive whiteboard

VanZetten, Teresa VanZetten.Teresa at cathednet.wa.edu.au
Mon Dec 5 11:42:50 EST 2005

Hi Jim,
What do you mean by portable? From class to class or from school to school.  Jim, please email the list with more precise questions, or maybe even your situation.

We have 4 SMARTBoards at St Mary's; 2 at the primary, 2 at the secondary.  The permanantly gixed boards get used more as there is little hassle getting them set up.  Teachers don't want to (or don't have thte skills and time) to set a projector etc up for a 1 hour session.  As David said, the cheaper options dont have all the advantages of a real interactive whiteboard.

Our portable board at the primary is booked for a week at a time, which makes is easier, I would not recommend them being moved more often than that.

Mal from iwb.net.au is a great resource: mal at iwb.net.au

PS: IWBs are so much fun! I think it would be a prerequisite for the next school I work at....

Cheers, Terri.
ICT Teacher
St Mary's College
Broome, WA