Open Source Software for schools (previously RE: Re: [Yr7-10it] Electronic booking systems)

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Fri Dec 2 09:29:26 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 08:19:16AM +1100, Robert Minato wrote:
> Our school is looking at changing over from ms office to an open source
> program called Neo Office. Not familiar with it myself. Anyone know how it
> compares with Open Office for a Mac network.

NeoOffice is a port, in Java, of OpenOffice.org 1.1.x.

I'm not really sure how the project is moving along.

You _may_ want to consider deploying OpenOffice.org 2.0 for Mac OS X, but
you will also need to switch on (or install) OS X's X Windows environment.

More here:

 http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/ooo-osx_downloads.html

Cheers,

Con Zymaris

- CEO, Cybersource Pty. Ltd.
- Director, Open Source Industry Australia, Limited.
- Convenor, Open Source Victoria (A Government-funded industry cluster.)