[Yr7-10it] Kahootz in Secondary Schools

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Sat Aug 6 11:59:28 EST 2005

Worth adding that the GameMaker product is reasonably priced to register a
site licence, schools would be wise to take this up.

Say Zach, could you write up something about Blender for the VITTA
newsletter and any classroom clues? This is an exciting bit of software that
we could certainly weave into our new year 10 course.
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Home.2.0.html

Last year our graphics teacher was blown away by what some year 9 lads did
in their lunch break to engineer an entire virtual city landscape using some
game map editing tools for Cybercom, our games club. This was in stark
contrast to the crude 3D boxes they had designed in class. The chance to
play and compete with the objects they made was a very powerful motivation.

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Westall Secondary College
http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au