[Yr11 Information Technology] Laptops in use in schools

Alexakos, Zach Z alexakos.zach.z at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Jul 29 11:45:55 AEST 2015

Hi Chris,

If you can afford it, go the Macbook Air.
iPads are good from the point of view of marketing but issues with them after warranty runs out, e.g.: Battery life.
Also some students can’t help themselves and trash them constantly.

Also can’t program with iPads, can’t run Xcode, which is why I don’t have one.

Actually I still use a 2009 Macbook, has SSD and 6GB of RAM and runs Yosemite no problems.  But the Mac Air comes in handy due to its size and weight.

Desktops are also good value for money these days, just not ‘marketable’.

Regards,
Zach Alexakos