[Yr11 Information Technology] [Year 12 IT Apps] Are digital textbooks likely?

Mark mark at vceit.com
Tue Jul 21 15:52:13 AEST 2015

Hi, Michael.

The printed books will come with an ebook.
You can also just buy an access code to the ebook if you want digital only.

The spin-off movies will be released in October 2016.

I play a cameo as "Informatics U3O2 key knowledge dotpoint 3".
Nicole Kidman appears as the glossary, and Hugh Jackman is the
problem-solving methodology.
It's rated PG due to the nudity, drug use and language.

Talks are underway with Cirque du Soleil about a trapeze/high wire version
of the study design called "The Dangerous Magic of Informatics." VCAA is
insisting that Paula plays the lead.

I think Stan Lee is interested in licensing a comic strip version of units
1 and 2 (excluding the more raunchy key knowledge dotpoints, of course.)

I am looking forward to the mime version that will premiere in London in
August.

Of course there will be a ballet adaptation, featuring the VCAA Symphony
Orchestra.
"Informatics U4O2 KK3" is especially moving. I don't mind admitting that
the scene about "key legislation that affects how organisations control the
storage and disposal of their data and information" brings me to tears
every time, in spite of its neoclassical tendencies.

Mark

On 21 July 2015 at 11:34, Michael Torsello <mtorsello at sfx.vic.edu.au> wrote:

>  Sorry I lost the original thread about textbooks.
>

> Did anyone who has spoken to publishers about textbooks for VCE Computing
> happen to ask about digital versions of the books?
>
> Is this a possibility?
>

>   ------------------------------
>
> With thanks,
>
> *Michael Torsello*
>
> Director of Innovation (eLearning)
>
> [image: St Francis Xavier College]
>
> *PO Box 85, Beaconsfield, VIC 3807*
>
> Telephone *+61 3 9707 3111 <%2B61%203%209707%203111>*
>
> Facsimile *+61 3 9707 3601 <%2B61%203%209707%203601>*
>
> [image: St Francis Xavier College] <http://www.sfx.vic.edu.au/>
>

> --

>> Witty sig goes HERE <<

Mark Kelly