[Yr11 Information Technology] Need a secure smartphone? Answer is simple

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 08:08:32 AEDT 2015

Every now and then, a fellow teacher lowers their voice during recess and expresses some concern about their smart phone security. Its a complicated discussion as I point out that they are leaking data all over the place all over the place and recycle their passwords, a hacker only need to gain access once.

I read an interesting ZDNet post about smart phone security. I smiled when I read amongst the various expert opinions offered, one noted “Secure from what?” and another reflected that the most secure device is very probably going to be the least useful to the average person.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/want-a-secure-privacy-smartphone-the-experts-suggest/ <http://www.zdnet.com/article/want-a-secure-privacy-smartphone-the-experts-suggest/>

Roland GESTHUIZEN
http://about.me/rgesthuizen