[Yr11 Information Technology] Unit 2 Outcome 2

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 13:11:24 AEST 2015

Ok, I mandate a GoogleDoc Journal with each student to capture the work and time spent. As some of the learning is to be done outside class, I still use some time at school to cover unit 2 theory and other topics. Last year I enjoyed linking up with a year 11 colleague each week via teleconference class to swap solutions and reflect upon answers. Compared to my coding, Catherine totally rocks at programming and inspired my girls to push on to year 12.

I gave away small prizes for random effort etc new syntax errors etc. Occasionally I would have to run something on the zen of time management (points at worksheets to share) or direct a recalcitrant to the Monday homework club (points finger at timetable). If work was not done by the end of the week, I called patents to explain the challenge (huge sigh). Don't leave it to the weekend to do unless you are a teacher.

As for the final certificates, the best (gender balance) are handed out at a school assembly by the college principal & newsletter. Sports and maths already know this routine. Celebrating Coding superstars helps us to inspire the next year level.

Sent from my iPhone