[Yr11 Information Technology] Self-Paced Web-Based Resources for U2O2 Programming

Groves, Brett G groves.brett.g at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Aug 14 10:55:49 EST 2014

Is this what you wanted?

Programming Languages and Tasks

Ruby

Please go to http://tryruby.org/levels/1/challenges/0 Read the instruction carefully as you must type specific commands to navigate the tutorials.

At the end of each lesson, screen grab the last exercise you got to, upload it to your Blogger and describe what you did.

PHP

Go to http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp <http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp>  complete all tutorials down to Form Handling

Go to http://phpexercises.com/php-exercises-beginnings.html and complete all exercises Beginnings 1 to 7 and Control Structures 1 to 3 (4 for extension if you wish) and Forms 1.

Use your USB and usbwebserverV8<http://goo.gl/Or3z9e> to host and run your PHP output on localhost and screen grab and upload each exercise.

Please screen grab each complete exercise and upload to your Blogger.

This site https://phpacademy.org/videos/learn-php is also a very useful how-to site all by video if you need further help

JavaScript

Go to https://www.codeschool.com/ sign in with your Melba Google Domain account under the courses link locate the JavaScript Roadtrip Part 1 and complete all exercises.

At the end of each lesson, screen grab the last exercise you got to, upload it to your Blogger and describe what you did.

Python

Go to http://repl.it/languages/Python Rather than installing Python we are going to use an online shell for speed and ease. This site is your online shell, this is how you will run your Python code.

Go to http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Non-Programmer%27s_Tutorial_for_Python <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Non-Programmer%27s_Tutorial_for_Python>  and commence from Hello, World and continue down to decisions.

Complete each set of Exercises at the bottom of each tutorial section and screen grab and title the corresponding shell output from repl.it. Upload this to your Blogger each time.

Kind Regards,

Brett Groves
[logosmall]
Melba College