[Yr11 Information Technology] php programming resources

Tran, Vi V tran.vi.v at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 4 14:39:17 EST 2014

Hi,
  I have been teaching VB.Net as an OO language for Year 11 and Year 12 IT software development for a few years and was thinking of changing the programming language to php, especially now, that most programming is very web-oriented.
  This would be my first time teaching php and was wondering if any one has any resources/website links or suggestions/experiences on the sort of activities for learning the language and are happy to share? Also, does anyone has any advice on whether students at VCE would find it harder to learn php with SQL than learning VB.Net?

Thanks so much!
Vi Tran.
VCE IT Teacher Mullauna College.