[Yr11 Information Technology] [Year 12 IT Apps] GrokLearning and the Python Challenge

Diana HATCH hat at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 7 20:48:19 EST 2013

Works on iPads ... mostly.  I have had terrible trouble with the Run and
Submit for Marking links not being touch-responsive and when I become
frustrated and press repeatedly I suddenly find myself logged out and all
my code gone.  AARRGGHH!!!

If the computer is available it is a much better option, in my opinion.

Diana

On 7 August 2013 19:51, Roland Gesthuizen <rgesthuizen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Glad you are enjoying it.
>
> Say, did you notice that their programming interface even works on iPads?
> It was an awesome experience to just fire it up, type in some Python code
> and watch it run. Very nicely made and if anybody is curious, you can
> create a free account to explore this for the first week (or pay for the
> full version and join the challenge).
>
> My #s03e21 ACCELN interview of the GrokLearning team is now online and can
> be viewed here. You can meet some of the Sydney Uni staff and students that
> have worked hard to make this all happen.
>      http://acceln.wikispaces.com/
>
> Regards Roland
>
> *Roland Gesthuizen* | eLearning Leader
> Keysborough College DEECD
> http://about.me/rgesthuizen
>
> "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens
> can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
> --Margaret Mead
>
> On 07/08/2013, at 5:47 PM, "O'Grady, Liam A" <
> o'grady.liam.a at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,****
> ** **
> Thanks to all those who wrote about the NCSS Challenge. I’ve enrolled my
> class and they are loving it – as am I.****
> I highly recommend it.****
> ** **
> Cheers****
> Liam****

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority <br>
> Teachers Association Inc <br>

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
> Teachers Association Inc

*Diana Hatch
Timetabler, ICT Learning Area Manager
McKinnon Secondary College*

*Diana Hatch*
*Supervisor, VSL_McKinnon*
*Hebrew, Russian and Korean classes for students*