[Yr11 Information Technology] Top ten reasons to go to the VITTA Conference 2011!

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Aug 23 14:18:25 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

Hope you are looking forward to going to the VITTA Conference Monday and
Tuesday - I am looking forward to catching up with colleagues - and I think
the mid Term 3 date will be a refreshing change!  Here are the top 10
reasons for going to the VITTA conference!

10.  Value:  All this for a two day registration?  120 presentations to
choose from, 8 concurrent workshops, Expo with 50 exhibitors, Cocktail party
price included.  This is incredible value because this is a conference run
by teachers for teachers.  We are not charging like some commercial
operators are charging for conferences with a much more limited variety.

9. Free real barista coffee both days provided by Acer to all delegates.

8. Networking: it's the opportunity to network with like minds - educational
leaders and like minded teachers passionate about the use of ICT in
education.

7.  Mobile Devices.  Delegates have the opportunity to use an Acer Iconia
for the duration of the conference.  Come and compare and contrast the
Iconias with iPads.  Lots of sessions on how to use iPads and mobile devices
in the classroom.

6. International video link with Stephen Heppell and Yong Zhao talking with
Gerry White and Roger Larsen on the themes of the conference.  Be prepared
to ask them a question in one of three ways!

5. The Cocktail Party.  Come and see the start of a new way to celebrate at
the VITTA Annual Cocktail Party. Cost is included in the price of the
ticket.  We don't think you will be disappointed!

4.  The Adobe Theatrette in the Expo.  Interested in Creative Suite 5 and
all the software Adobe is famous for?  Want to learn from experts? Come and
participate in the Theatrette or even stand at the back of the Theatrette
and just a have a look in the Expo!

3. The passport app.  The Iconia you use will have a new way to collect
stamps to enter the prize draws.  VITTA conferences are famous for the great
prizes our Expo vendors give us to give to you as prizes.

2. Leadership pathway: Each session has a presentation for leaders with a
quality and depth of thought, experience and practice that we are fortunate
to be able to call on.  This is not just for Principals,  IT Directors and
Curriculum leaders, it is also for those aspiring to leadership.

1.  The program.  The VITTA Conference is always about the program.  Whether
you are into VCE IT and want to hear from the experts to whether your school
is starting on the one to one journey - from primary to secondary, we have a
tremendous array of talent and dedicated teachers wanting to share their
knowledge and understanding with you.

Bookings close at the end of the week.  Now is the time to register at
http://www.vitta.org.au/conference2011

Psst! There's also a Technicians One Day Conference!
http://www.vitta.org.au/documents/item/452

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Janson B.Sc, Dip.Ed, M.Ed
VITTA Vice-President

Director of ICT
Melbourne High School, Forrest Hill, South Yarra, Victoria 3141 Australia.
Phone: 03 9826 0711 International: +61 3 9826 0711
Fax: 03 9826 8767 International: +61 3 9826 8767
E-mail: janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au

Website: http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au <http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au/>

Blog: http://jansona.edublogs.org <http://jansona.edublogs.org/>

  _____

IMPORTANT! This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received
in error, please contact us and delete all copies. The Catholic Education
Office does not represent or warrant that the attached files are free from
computer viruses or other defects. The attached files are provided, and may
only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any
loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of
the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.
The liability of the Catholic Education Office is limited in any event to
either the resupply of the attached files or the cost of having the attached
files resupplied. Any representations or opinions expressed in this email
are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the
Catholic Education Office.