[Yr11 Information Technology] Python: Text, IDE, and version control

Kevork Krozian K.Krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
Tue Nov 16 15:16:00 EST 2010

Hi Victor,

 There are a large number of resources that have come through on the use of Python. You can find these at www.edulists.com.au<http://www.edulists.com.au> under Software Development. http://www.edulists.com.au/sofdev/python/python_resources.htm
Also Dr Steven Bird from Melbourne Uni has published a Python book. Details are:
Thanks for this opportunity to plug my new book...

Note that there's a couple of examples of this in the "machine
translation" section of chapter 1 of Natural Language Processing with
Python: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596516499/

The supplied software that takes a sentence and repeatedly translates
it back and forth between the source and target languages.  The book
and software are available for free from http://www.nltk.org/

This material is part of a new second year "breadth" subject at
Melbourne University, called Language and Computation:
https://app.portal.unimelb.edu.au/CSCApplication/view/2009/800-204

-Steven Bird
http://www.csse.unimelb.edu.au/~sb/

 Guy Flaherty has also posted quite a long list of Python resources through this archived post :
http://www.edulists.com.au/pipermail/sofdev/2010-August/002028.html

Perhaps you can see what other responses there are via the Software Development communities as there are a few python users out there.

Kind Regards

Kevork Krozian
Digital Learning Manager
Forest Hill College