[Yr11 Information Technology] Google Docs in action

Michael Ha michaelha at gmail.com
Fri May 14 13:27:41 EST 2010

And the great thing about Google Doc is that it allows real time
collaboration between users.

Used it in my Year 9 class when I got students to create a presentation in
groups. Students can chat and edit their presentation at the same time via
Google Doc, although there was a bit of a lag between someone editing
something and for it to appear on other group member's screen. (10 seconds
in some instances!) It seems to be working much better now since the lastest
upgrade about 2 weeks ago.

The thing I like about it is it reduces the problem of students having
different versions of their presentation on various medias (USB, emails,
etc) and trying to find the right one or collaborating it right before their
presentation!!

A good place to get started is:

http://docs.google.com/support/

Michael Ha
I.T. Teacher

Melbourne Grammar School

355 St Kilda Road Melbourne VIC 3004 Australia

T: +61 3 9865 7669

E: mxha at mgs.vic.edu.au

W: www.mgs.vic.edu.au

*Grimwade House*, our co-educational primary school in Caulfield for girls
and boys, Prep to Year 6

*Wadhurst*, our middle school, for boys in Years 7 & 8 is located in South
Yarra

*Senior School*, also in South Yarra, for boys from Years 9 to 12

*Boarding* is available in our boarding precinct for boys from Years 7 to 12

*Fostering Learning and Leadership*