[Yr11 Information Technology] VITTA VCE IT New Study Design Forum

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Mon Sep 7 14:05:27 EST 2009

Hi Antonia and fellow listers..
as I am unable to attend the forum but would love to know some of the issues would it be possible to have a summary of the key points raised during the discussion session please?

My key concern is that of the doubling up of the database topic and, the apparent lack of succinct direction in exactly what is being asked of the SS/DB outcome in the wording of the task. Other than those two concerns, I would also like more clarity on the depth to which teaching of the Gantt and Pert charts and their associated calculations is required..this has always been a concern of mine since they were first introduced. (how deep 'mathematically' do we need to teach this topic?).  Another concern is the depth again, of teaching required on the topic of 'design tools' and 'visual thinking'.

If these points are discussed in the forum, then I'd be happy to have contributed to the discussion.

cheers..(how's that for a constructive contribution)
Kent.

Kent Beveridge, St. Brigids CSC, Horsham. Ph (03) 5382 3545 http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/ email: kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au "This email and any attachments may be confidential. You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies. The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free. The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."