[Yr11 Information Technology] VB and girls

Laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Thu Jun 4 08:52:00 EST 2009

I like the idea of using Scratch as an intro. for my girls, we have
started teaching Scratch to our 7's and 8's but my current 11's fell
through the gap. I took a look at Ren'PY; it looks like a very good
intermediate tool to bridge the gap between Scratch/Alice and fully
coded scripts, and as a Python derivative it is probably within the
ambit of the study design.

<g>I'll rephrase the my earlier question</g> What types of projects are
you having your students create with Python? My last year 11 handled the
creation of a flat-file based mini-guest-book using PHP but my current
crop are more VisComm and Multimedia oriented which is why I'll borrow
your idea of easing them in via Scratch.

Laurie

--
Laurie Savage