[Yr11 Information Technology] Data Flow Diagrams

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Sep 4 14:52:49 EST 2008

Hi Litsa.

Yes, the lack of storage shapes definitely marks a CD.

I've seen the Context Diagram as a representation of the system as a
single, featureless black box connected to its external entities. Hence
the 'context'.

Once you open the black box and look inside, you start with DFDs.

Anyway, many sites say CD = DFD level zero.  There seem to be different
opinions on the definitions...