[Yr11 Information Technology] OC3 Running out of time

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri May 23 10:34:07 EST 2008

Hi Damien.  Yes, all of these things have happened here too, but they
have always happened and need to be treated as normal. They should not
come as surprises.

While U1O2 takes a lot of time (and needs it), I make U1O3 short and
easy to mark because of the oncoming exams and reports.

And remember that the same will happen in Unit 2 because of the early
finish of year 11s.  It reinforces the need to plan outcome timelines
very early, very carefully and with the school annual calendar in front
of you.  :-)

Cheers
Mark

Damien Halliday wrote:
> Dear Fellow IT teachers
>
> I'm curious
>
> How is it for you?
>
> Despite my best intentions and beleiving myself to be moving along at a
> reasonable pace I find that I run out of time to do justice to the final
> outcome.
>
> Even though this has happened in past years I still find it continues to
> happen from year to year.
>
> Contributing factors include:
> 1. Constant interruptions such as holidays, In-service days, sports days
> various excursions etc,
>
> 2. Students being absent from class due to involvement in a variety of
> school activities,
>
> 3. Students being away from long periods of time due to sickness
>
> 4. The length of the semester being shortened due to Yr 10 and 11 exams.
>
> 5. Repetitive content from outcome to outcome.
>

> Does anyone else find that they struggle for time to do the final outcome
> well.
>
> OR
>
> Am I just alone in this experience?

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

A conclusion is the place where you got sick of thinking.
If you Declare War - is it integer or boolean?