[Yr11 Information Technology] Java experiences

Mia Alexiou efthimia at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 14:10:35 EST 2008

Hi all,

I am teaching year 11 ICT for the first time this semester and am
considering using Java for the programming component.  I know the consensus
is that Java is hard for students at this level but I am convinced that I
could teach the basics in a fun way.  In the past I have taught Java to
mature age students (some of whom hadn't seen a computer before) and it was
quite well received.  I'd love to hear of any experiences people have
teaching Java to year 11s - the good and the bad!  Any suggested course
material would also be great.

Thanks.

Mia Alexiou
Sessional Teacher