[Yr11 Information Technology] RE: about SCRATCH for Unit2?

Allan Barnes abarnes at aiet.com.au
Wed Jun 18 11:40:22 EST 2008

Jenna, my understanding is that at Year 11 level, the software that is used
is not mandated. The issue is if they go on to do Software Development at
Year 12 then they will need to know a piece of software that is on the list
- most schools are using VB, PHP, Python, Java from my understanding.

It therefore really depends on whether you can / or want to  give your
students a head start to Year 12 if they are going on or not, and I think
that decision is yours really.

The mandated software is for the Software Development and not for the other
VCE IT subjects.

Kind regards

Allan Barnes, CEO

Australian Institute of Education and Training

P.O. Box 171

Brunswick West 3055

Ph: (03) 9387 2051

FAX: (03) 9387 3470