[Yr11 Information Technology] End-of-year exam (was Re: A Vision of Students Today)

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Jan 31 19:18:32 EST 2008

On 31/01/2008, at 2:49 PM, ALAGAPPAN Uma * wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> Last year, (for the  11s) we had the end of the year exam based just
> on unit 2. This yr I'm thinking of combining both unit 1 and 2 for the
> final exam? What do you guys do at your school - combined or one
> unit at
> a time.

Hi Uma,

  my view of Year 11 exams is that they are primarily there as
practise for Year 12 exams. So, I like to set them up the same way as
the Year 12 subject. For IT Applications 3&4 there's an end-of-year
exam on both units at once so I give my Yr 11 ITs an end of year exam
on both units at once, too so they get used to revising a whole year's
work and pumping it all out in 1 1/2 hrs.   For Physics 3&4 there is a
mid-year exam on Unit 3 and an end-of-year exam on Unit 4, so I am
planning on doing similar for units 1&2 to get them used to sitting 3
hours of exams for one subject.

Russell Edwards
Whittlesea Secondary College