[Yr11 Information Technology] A Vision of Students Today

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:16:18 EST 2008

G'day Friends, apologies if any of you get a duplicate post from me too.

Here is a nice video clip to savour before we return to our carefully
firewalled schools. If you have the bandwidth, it is also worth
downloading the larger MOV version at 97 Mb to share as there is
plenty of fast camera movement and fine hand writing that may be
harder to read.

A Vision of Students Today

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dGCJ46vyR9o (steaming version)
http://www.mediafire.com/?3xbhmdmsfmd (huge MOV version)

It is a 4 min video summarizing some of the most important
characteristics of students today - how they learn, what they need to
learn, their goals, hopes, dreams, what their lives will be like, and
what kinds of changes they will experience in their lifetime. Created
by Michael Wesch in collaboration with 200 students at Kansas State
University.

I'll will look forward to seeing some of you at the Linux Education
Miniconference, Moodle Installation moot and other workshops. :-)

Enjoy any remaining summer days and may all your traffic lights be green.

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead