[Yr11 Information Technology] Interactive concept maps

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 14:35:44 EST 2008

Recently Laurie Savage <sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au> wrote:
> Wow, that is pretty impressive Roland! But we're obviously not
> looking at an ordinary 7th grader - Robert Frost's poetry at the
> age of 12! Any idea where the kid is from?

No but I am also impressed. Still, nice stuff to inspire the others :-)

> I'm interested in playing with idea of a CMap server. Our techs
> have made a dog's breakfast of installing CMap Tools on the
> windows network. Deep Freeze insists on locking down the
> Documents and Settings folder so each time the machines are
> restarted CMap and Open Office try to perform an initial setup;
> it gets boring very quickly, and is not a great way to try to promote the software.
> Can you give me a run down on how you set up the server and the
> client setup on your network?

Your techs need to correctly configure both CMap and OpenOffice before
they turn on Deep Freeze. MS Office would do the same but my guess is
that they didnt tweak the settings before they locked it down. My
technician Daniel can fill them in on the details if you like.

> BTW: When/where is the Moodle install fest, I'd love to roll
> around and help/get in the way!

Sure, I reckon Phil would appreciate your help. My tech is going along too.

The Moodle day is on Saturday 26th January, 2008
Address: Wellington Secondary College, 91 Police Road, Mulgrave
Start time: 9:00 AM
Confirm: Phil Brown 0425 782 876

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead