[Yr11 Information Technology] Unit 2 Outcome 1:Programming

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:51:39 EST 2007

Gamemaker is appropriate for year 11 Info Tech (as far as I last heard). At
the code level, it uses a language to Action Script used by Flash that you
may already be familiar with. There are even some Beta programs that can
create Flash objects from GameMaker files and you can extend it to do most
things covered by the bigger packages.

I generally try to keep programming at this level fun and engaging before
they jump into IT Apps. VITTA have a swag of different courses including VB
that you can check out on their website. We are just working out some dates
for the next set of GameMaker courses :-)

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au