[Yr11 Information Technology] jacaranda timeline

Adrienne Plotnek mrsplot at optusnet.com.au
Thu Feb 8 23:12:18 EST 2007

Hi Andrew
.
I have posted a timeline for Unit 1, Outcomes 1,2 & 3 on the VITTA website
which you can download.  It is based on the new Jacaranda VCE IT Units 1 & 2
text and I am currently working on Unit 2, which I should have completed by
the end of next week.
You should allow  5 weeks on each Outcome..this leaves time for school
interruptions (camps, excursions, etc)
However, unless the students are well versed on a programming or scripting
language, and very familiar with databases
I doubt that we will manage to
get thru the yr 11 course without adding extra lunch time and after school
lessons.  One way to overcome that
is to use the following website (which
your school would need to subscribe to) so that the students can learn how
to use Dreamweaver, Frontpage and Access 2003 at home, not in class time.
Check out  www.atomiclearning.com .  I suggest all school introduce an IT
yr9/10 course where students learn Dreamweaver, Website design and Access
BEFORE enrolling in the yr11 IT course
.then you can concentrate on the
outcomes in YR 11, not on teaching software!
Hope this helps

Adrienne Plotnek
Heatherton Christian College
plotnek at hcc.vic.edu.au