[vet-mm] Video Encoding Software

Greg Neil (Mr) greg at stmargarets.vic.edu.au
Fri Feb 17 13:51:55 EST 2012

Have a look at Perian, a codec pack for Macs, that might overcome your
playback issues. It is also best to stick with standard formats such as
DV AVI or H264 AVC. Macs really only work smoothly with material in the
MOV container ins a small number of formats, but Perian can probably
help you stretch this a bit further. You could also look at
MPEGstreamclip for converting your videos to easier to work with
formats.