[vet-mm] OnLine Exam Session

c bloom rcmhome at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 10 00:17:28 EST 2010

Firstly my apologies for this late notice - I know some schools are about to
break for the holidays.

PixelEd committee have decided to run a free online exam revision lecture
for students (and teachers) using web conferencing software, Elluminate.

This session will go through some strategies on preparing for the exam and
suggested approaches to the various types of questions.

There will not be much detail about specific questions beyond that provided
by VCAA in their exam advice.

Participant numbers will be limited to 40, however, the session will be
recorded and the link will be published to the list.

If successful, we will try to schedule a repeat session early next term.

The date will be Thursday Sept 30th at 4pm for about an hour.

Participants will need headphones and mic.

In order to test you can access Elluminate, follow the steps on the 'Getting
Started' webpage at:
http://www.education.vic.gov.au/researchinnovation/virtualconferencecentre/u
se/start.htm This should be done a couple of days before the session.

If you have trouble connecting to Elluminate, your issue is likely to be
solved by following the tutorials on the support page at:
http://www.education.vic.gov.au/researchinnovation/virtualconferencecentre/s
upport.htm

Enter the web conference on Sept 30th by clicking on the session link below
up to 30 minutes before it is scheduled to begin:

<https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2007026&password=M.BD2448DB2E8338B50A
D471D656FF35>
https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2007026&password=M.BD2448DB2E8338B50AD
471D656FF35

Please advise students wishing to join the session that it will be recorded
and anyone not behaving in an appropriate manner will be removed from the
session.

Thanks and watch for any further details to follow.

Claire Bloom