[vet-mm] Don't miss out!!!

claire claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Fri Jul 3 12:41:42 EST 2009

Hi Folks,
Whilst enjoying your break, you might like to have a look at our next PD opportunity, which is our annual “Meet Industry Dinner”. Always a popular and enjoyable professional learning event, places are limited so book soon!

This year we have two very interesting speakers:
Wayne Rankin, who is a renowned Australian-based graphic designer. Wayne has worked on a diverse range of projects during his career, developing quality print, communication, new media and other design projects, in Australia and overseas. He is an experienced and insightful speaker, author and trainer with involvement in a number of industry, tertiary education and government Multimedia councils and advisory groups.
Our second speaker will be a representative from Big Ant Studios, a Melbourne-based game studio. Big Ant have produced games for multiple platforms including Sony PlayStation2 and 3, Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Xbox360, and PC.  Some Big Ant productions include: Hellboy: The Science of Evil, Spyro: The Eternal Night, and the upcoming release AFL 2010. This will be a valuable opportunity to get an insight into the gaming industry.

As well as keeping up-to-date with the Interactive Digital Media industry in Melbourne, our dinner provides a great chance to network with teachers and other guests.

When: Thursday July 30th at 7pm (for a 7.15 start)

Where: Enotecca Oggi, 237 Lygon St, Carlton
3 course meal (drinks extra)

Cost: $70 (PixelEd members $60)

Bookings: online at http://www.vitta.org.au/trainingevents/id/91/title/PixelEd

Hope to see you there,